Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Day 17 - Stony Gray Beagle

Monday
New flooring install has begun!  The installers began laying the new carpet in the living room, office and second floor.  Since the laminate floors won't be installed until Wednesday, they will be coming back on Thursday to carpet the stairs and tuck the carpet edges properly everywhere it meets the laminate.  We chose a frieze carpet with a tan/brown fleck called Custard.  We installed this carpet into the old house right before we sold it.  I'm looking forward to getting to enjoy this new carpet a little longer!  Here's a picture from the upstairs landing.
Daniel and I headed to the house after dinner to keep up on the painting work.  Daniel rolled the kitchen, put a second coat on the entryway hall, and cracked open the Stony Gray paint to roll the dining room and half bath.  I was a little worried when he opened it because of how blue it looked!  But it just needed stirred.  I think it looks pretty nice!  We will be adding a white wainscoting to the bottom half of the dining room wall after we move in.  But that's a project for another day and another post.
I worked on cutting the hallway and office while he rolled.  The nice thing about no trim boards in the house is only having to cut in by the ceiling and in the corners.  I hate taping so I just do it freehand.  After painting so many rooms at the old house, I've gotten relatively good at it.  As you might recall, I had forgotten to cover the one ceiling fan in the house we are keeping before the texture guys did their thing.  So I spent about 30 minutes just cleaning the texture spray off of every square centimeter of that ceiling fan.  Fun!  Ah well, lesson learned.  I won't forget to cover it in the next house.

I knew it would happen at some point, and tonight was the night!  One of our dogs leaned up against a freshly painted wall.  Here's Venus wearing the latest color from our spring line, Stony Gray.

When Daniel took off some plastic in the kitchen, I got a good look at the cabinets he'd been painting at night after I was already home with Maria. I'm loving the color!  We are going to tile the counter tops as well to save some money.  Eventually we may install new counters but we'll see.  Tile will certainly be an improvement to the cheap Formica that is currently there.  We need to do a second coat of Espresso on the cabinets, just to make sure it holds up against the wear and tear of using the kitchen.
As soon as we get the painting done (just have some cutting and the two bathrooms upstairs left), we can work on putting the bathrooms together.  I'm looking forward to that!  As of right now, you just have to make sure you don't drink too much before you come work at the house...  Enough said.

Until next time, keep dreaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment