Saturday, March 15, 2014

Day 9 - Home Reno Causes Premature Graying

Saturday
New power tool for me today folks! I went to the house solo while Daniel stayed with Maria this afternoon. He had already worked hard at a church work crew this morning so it was my turn to do something productive. 

While at the house I used Daniel's Makita Random Orbital Sander. I'd never sanded anything before so it was a new experience. I was surprised by how heavy the sander felt. Not unmanageable but just heavier than I expected. All the better workout for my arms! By the time this house is done, I should have quite the biceps. 

Today I sanded down the bumps and creases in the mudding job Daniel had done in the powder room and guest bath. Boy that dust sure is awful! We had respirator masks at the house but I didn't have any safety goggles handy. After my contacts got a few pieces of dust on them, I put on my sunglasses to work. Sanding Unabomber anyone?

The sunglasses helped but of course made it harder to see what I was doing, but I made it work. Our texture guy had expressed some concern over the rooms where we had taken down the wallpaper. He said the glue residue may make it difficult for the texture to stick to the walls. So I also lightly sanded the walls in the dining room to prep for him. 

By the time I finished the job the sander's battery was dead. I decided that was a sign so I called it a day. Good thing I kept today short because apparently the stress of the new house has caused me to prematurely gray! 

Ah ok perhaps it was just the drywall dust. Whew, thank goodness. 

Until next time - keep improving!


No comments:

Post a Comment